Sunday, October 30, 2011

Deutscher Schokoladenbrauner Kuchen

Hallo!!

German chocolate cake!!! I had some eggs that I needed to use up and decided to try my hand at making a cake. My friend had left their cake pans here so I commandeered them! It was just a Betty Crocker box cake and frosting so I figured I couldn't mess it up too bad and set to work. I just followed the instructions on the box and waited for it to finish baking. What I didn't anticipate for is getting the cake out of the pan...I've never done that and had no idea how to do it without ruining the cake. So I just shook it a bit until the cake loosened itself and all was good in the world of cake again :) Also, what Betty Crocker doesn't tell you is how much frosting you need. I used two 9" cake pans and only bought one thing of frosting and that would have been fine if I didn't want to frost the sides of the cake, so I had to run to the store and buy a second can to finish the job. As far as I can tell everything turned out just fine, but I'll know tomorrow when I take it to my dad's house for the true taste test :)





No comments:

Post a Comment