Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mini Deep Dish Pizza

3-4 whole wheat wraps (try to find ones with at least 3 grams of fiber or more per wrap)
1 (15oz) can pizza sauce (you may have some left over, depending on how much sauce you like)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
48 mini turkey pepperonis (or the 12 whole turkey pepperoni’s, each cut into 4 even pieces)
1 tsp basil/oregano mix OR Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of sweetener, (sugar/stevia/splenda)

pinch of black pepper
*Put your own spin on these by adding anything that you would normally like on a pizza just before popping them in the oven!

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap. I used the empty pizza sauce can, which worked well!3. Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snuggly!
4. Meanwhile, pour pizza sauce into a medium sized bowl….Add in the parmesan cheese…And the spices. Stir until everything is well combined.
5. Drop about 1-2 tbs of sauce in each wrap, this really varies according to how much sauce you like!
6. Divide mozzarella cheese evenly over each mini pizza.
7. Place 4 mini pepperoni’s on top of each pizza.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
9. Wait for pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!
Calories: 66 Calories Per Pizza
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3pp for 2 Pizzas, and 5pp for 3 Pizzas
Servings: 12 Mini Deep Dish Pizzas





These were so quick and easy to make. I was done with the prep right as the oven was finished warming up. I didn't actually pay too much attention to the recipe since I didn't actually need to eat 12 of them. I only made three so I didn't mix the ingredients together or any thing like that. I just cut out the circles from the wraps, put in a tablespoon of pizza sauce in each one , sprinkled a little bit of each spice and parm, then put in three of the normal sized pepperoni (I didn't use turkey one's either), and put the cheese on top. Next time I'll probably use a little more pizza sauce and more mozzarella to fill them up a bit more, but other than that they were perfect. I also didn't spray the muffin pan because I don't have any spray, but I ended up not needing to either. I had to buy a muffin pan because I didn't have one of those either, but I bought the non-stick pan so I figured I was safe. Also, twelve minutes was a tad too long to cook mine. I checked them at ten minutes and they were a little on the dark side, but nothing that I couldn't handle. If I hadn't plan on making dessert as well tonight I probably would have made more than three pizzas for myself, but I wanted to have room to at least try both things. They were really yummy and SO easy to make. These are great for quick dinner, and between these and my Cake in a Cup, I am way full!! I actually think I'm going to make these tomorrow before I head out to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment