Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Miss Quesadilla Mae Hurt

1 package of 10" tortillas
2 precooked grilled chicken packages
2 cup package of Mexican style shredded cheese
24 oz. jar of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning mix

The recipe: (10–15 minutes) Heat a frying pan on the stove. Combine chicken, cheese, salsa and a 1/4 of the taco seasoning in a bowl. Place one tortilla in the frying pan, add the mixture to half of the tortilla, fold over and cook until tortilla is browned and filling is warm. Flip to brown both sides.

*Optional* Serve with sour cream and jalapenos, or however preferred.

I don't like pretty much anything that's spicy so this is the recipe for quesadillas the way I like it, but if you like to sweat like a stuffed hog while you're eating feel free to add whatever spicy shenanigans you want. That's why it's called "Miss Quesadilla Mae Hurt." That and it's part of my derby name. Awhile back we were going to come up with a team cookbook and each of us had to contribute a recipe, this was mine.

Now the first time I made this it was very close to be a disaster. I decided that I was going to make a giant quesadilla (don't ask questions, I don't know what I was thinking, especially since I worked at Taco Bell for two years you'd think I'd know). Anyway I wanted a giant one and put one tortilla down, covered all of it with the inside mixture and then laid another tortilla on top. All was fine and dandy until it came time to flip the thing. I have enough trouble flipping the one that's folded in half let alone the giant one with no side to hold the stuff in. Needless-to-say all the chicken and melty cheese fell out because one tortilla folded over and then I had to wash the pan just to cook a new one. Epic fail. And like I said earlier, what the heck was I thinking?!

All is good now, I have perfected the art of quesadilla making. I've fed it to three friends, none of which have died or gotten ungodly sick so I think I'm good :) This can very easily be made into a vegetarian friendly by using mushrooms or refried beans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment